Thursday 23 August 2012

Chapter Eight

Even though both Britta and Margo have horrible grades, neither girl seem to be concerned about being two hours late for school. On the flip side, Dot seems to think because she's a straight A student that she can do as she pleases. They'd all be wrong. Get your asses to school!

Given Lolita's level of fame, she gets sent around to clubs a lot to be 'seen' and to order drinks that they name after her. Of course since the town is so small, there's only two clubs, and neither of them are ever packed so she's never exactly 'seen'. But she does it none the less, it gets her out of the house.

One evening, she runs into Ross Cooper-Jenkins, William's father. Lolita knows the Military man through her co-workers, who have been friends with he and his wife since their University years. "Way things are going, we might be family soon enough." She jokes, her strong drink removing what little mouth filter she usually has. "How many grandkids should we ask for?"

"Grandkids?" Ross chuckles. "I'm not ready for that, Bets is pregnant with another of our own."

"Again!?" Lolita swears his wife Betty has spent nearly all of her adult life pregnant. "How many does that make? Three?"

"Four."

"You need to slow down man."

"I'll slow down when I'm dead." He says with a shrug. The next day, Lolita writes a new song called I'll Slow Down When I'm Dead, it hits number one within a week.

Lolita gets home just in time to see a would be robber kick a cop's ass in the middle of their living room.

Gnomes are slowly taking over the house, Lolita hates them. "Can't we throw those damn things out, I swear they're the reason our cable bill is so damn high."

"I like them." Bernard reasons, so they stay.

It makes sense that Bernard would like them, since he's the one that keeps finding them. The man has been obsessed with finding a rare pink diamond, something about the science center having a project for him that includes the gem. But so far, he's been finding mostly gnomes.

Don't mess anything else up.

Nice hair.

There's another dance, the girls scramble to get dates. Since Dot and William were going steady, it wasn't to difficult to convince to boy to attend. Although, Dot does worry about the possible radiation poison that she could contract from standing under the moon's rays for too long.

Margo asks her friend Alicia Nadir-Barnes to go with her....

While Britta has a much more direct approach in convincing Bradley to attend.

Bernard and Lolita aren't sure if they're ready to have grown kids, Dot and Brttia will be graduating soon and not long after that Margo will follow suit. It seems like just yesterday they were living in a one room shack with nothing to their name.

Bernard gets another tattoo, a series of Simlish words down his rib cage. Somewhere between his last trip to the salon and this, the tattoo artist has gotten old. It makes Bernard aware of his own impending Elder-hood.

Still searching for that damn diamond.

There's a lot of left over metals and gems thanks to Bernard's mining, so Lolita usually likes to transfigure them to see what can be made. Her favorite is a Tiberium skull, which sits in the living room.

Speaking of the living room, Lolita was sent a huge and ridiculous looking television. The girls of course instantly started to play video games on it, the graphics are bitchin' man.

Luna has two puppies before she reaches her old age, allowing her adorable genes to continue to live on in the town once she's gone.

At this point in Lolita's life, she's pretty disenchanted with the whole rock star idea. It's nothing like she thought it would be, and actually very little work, which leaves her with far too much time on her hands.

When Dot takes an interest in design, her parents buy her a drafting table. It's set up on the back porch next to Bernard's inventing bench and sculpting wheel, for the most part they can work perfectly fine side by side. 

But occasionally Bernard makes something that makes him cackle like a mad man, which totally breaks Dot's concentration. Or perhaps it's the fricking robot that her father just brought to life, yeah, it's definitely that.

Pretty soon is't Dot's birthday, her family throws a big party for her at the park. Everyone they know shows up, as well as quite a few people they don't know. Margo makes an ass out herself for everyone to see, by riding the bucking squid monster.

Yay! Cake! 
Hmm, who's the pink person with blue hair? I wonder.

Dot officially becomes an adult.

It's extremely late when the family gets home, so Dot waits until the morning to start looking for work. She loves art and design, so she decides that joining a design school to become an architect/interior designer sounds like a grand idea.

After one quick, and not pictured correspondence course, Dot is officially an architect. Her first job is oddly enough, from William's parents.

Dot's sure they're just being nice to their son's girlfriend, even though she's quite a bit older than him, but takes the job none the less. She soon finds out that Betty's pregnant with her fifth child, and would like a Gym installed for getting back into shape after she gives birth. Dot does as she's asked, and gets a favorable review from the Cooper-Jenkins. Again, she's sure that they're just being nice.

Not even her own house is save from Dot's designing, her childhood room gets quite the extensive makeover. The basement as well gets extended and re-wallpapered, it's only a matter of time before she gets her hands on the rest of the house.

Luckily, Lolita and Bernard don't mind. They think their daughter has exquisite taste.



Notes:
Dot makes an adorable adult, I'm glad she's heir. I'm now caught up to where I am in game, I didn't want to start up my save again until Sunlit Tides was released, because I wanted to use the new spa venue and wedding arch for Dot's wedding. Anyhow, it took forever to find the damn pink diamond for the simbot. Bernard had gotten the simbot opportunity twice, but I kept rejecting it because they didn't have the money to spend on learning to cut the gems into a heart shape. But eventually I accepted it, because I wasn't making Bernard paint as much, his art selling for insane amounts and it was sort of taking the fun out of it, having the family be wealthy so early on. Of course I didn't take into account when he gave the ten life fruits to the science center that it would give them like 200,000 simoleons. So I used some of it to redesign the kitchen, expand the basement and then buy Lolita an expensive car since I felt bad about her not getting her tour bus and limo. Then I used MC to subtract the rest, because like I said, it's boring for them to be loaded this early on.

The Cooper-Jenkins are like rabbits, they keep breeding! It's crazy, cause they're like 5 days away from elder, and yet they keep having kids. I'm like, dude, you're not going to be around to take care of them! Stap it! Also, I wanted puppies, so I used MC to pollinate Luna with a random dog in town. I had tried to get her to breed with the neighbor's dog, but it wouldn't work for some reason. I dunno, anyhow, her puppies are named Luke and Spot and are fricking adorable!

Generation two's roll is as followed - Couple, Three kids, Architect, Culinary, Property Mogul and Fashion Diva. Obviously William is going to be Dot's husband, he's just like three or four days younger, so he's not aged up yet. Dot's last trait is Hopeless Romantic.

EDIT: Oh yes, I almost forgot. That is Liberty Talliway in the picture of Dot's birthday party. Since she was an imported sim, she was the only one I didn't lose when my Talliway legacy went tits up. I just downloaded her again, she's one of Lolita's co-workers and has three kids with her husband.

4 comments:

  1. Liberty!!!! I squeed. I just caught up on your legacy, you're going good.

    Also, slightly disappointed that Britta didn't get heir, I like her. I kinda want her to make a base for Donna Noble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppies! Simbot! :D
    Dot's generation will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Dot's gen will be awesome too :D So far it's been giving me a ton of problems, the Architect career is extremely glitchy. I might end up re-rolling her job.

    @Loriann - I admit, I actually haven't been playing much. Those are all just the pictures I had saved up lol. Wait until you see Britta aged up as a YA, she even has Donna's body shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything I've heard about the Architect career is that it is extremely difficult because of how glitchy it is. I tend to reroll it when I get it simply because I can't stand how badly it glitches for me.

    Miss you hon, hope everything is ok. And I can't wait to se Britta aged up!

    ReplyDelete